CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 10, 2008

Total Thirty-Seventh

I have had a 5 day weekend like NO other! It all started last Thursday night at the Basketball game, Lee vs. Temple- one of our largest and longest rivals- I went to that game with some friends to cheer Des on, and we won 58-67!!! 

Me, Ashley and Paris cheerin 
on the Flames!!!

My handsome 
boy after the game :)

Friday night I went to the EVS (my old choir, the Evangelistic Singers) alumni get-together as it was our 40th reunion. I saw some of my lovely friends, it was soo great to catch up with everyone after such a long time!

Some of the EVS Alumni
 plus a few new faces...

After the Alumni get together my parents took Des and I out to eat at Carrabba's. It was a really nice time just catching up and letting my parents and Des get to know each other better. 

Saturday morning I had EVS practice then I had roommate pictures to take, then back to the house for a luncheon one of the roomies (Liz) mom and grandma made for us. After that I met up with my parents for the basketball game against Montreat College, who we killed at 92-66!! Then I sang with EVS Saturday night at the homecoming music festival after which my friends and I went to Applebee's...


The lovely ladies of 2250, me Liz, Courtney, Laura, Hannah and Jenny

Leaping!!!

Sepia.

"Walk beside me and be my friend..."

Bonding on the bridge :)

Mom and I at Desmond's game :)

Des and I at Applebee's after singing with EVS.

Sunday morning my parents took Des and I out to breakfast at Cracker Barrell, and then we all hung out for a few hours until I had to go meet up with EVS. Desmond and I went to the EVS concert together which was just like old times...we sang for a good hour and a half, all the old songs that still touch my heart when I sing them. I am soo grateful for the time I had with EVS, many of the things I learned there are still evident in my life today and I am a better person because of the people I met and the experiences I had during my time in EVS...

All in all it was a BLAST of a weekend...a little tiring but very fun and fulfilling!!!
Hope you all are doing well and loving November as I am!

Food for today's thought: 
"Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile." -William Cullen Bryant

1 comments:

Zoe said...

of course I'm loving Nove,ber...its birthday month! heehee glad you had fun